Terms and Conditions
I agree to my child participating in the Creative Planet programme and understand that I am responsible for their care and safety whilst attending the sessions. I undertake to ensure that s/he arrives on time for the sessions and I am able to partake in the session with my child/ren
I understand that if I cannot attend a session during a specific week I will endeavour, where possible to inform Creative Planet prior to the absence. If I miss a session I am eligible to attend another session in the same week, if I request a day transfer and there is space available at the alternative session, within the Franchisee’s area of operation.
I am aware that I need to pre-book my space and pre-pay fees for the sessions.
I will give as much notice as possible of no longer requiring my space, so that another child may be able to attend.
I understand that anyone wishing to take photographs of their child during sessions will need to request permission from their Creative Planet Leader. Anyone who would prefer other parents not to take photographs during their child’s session is requested to have a quiet word with your Creative Planet session Leader.
The information that you give on registering will be held on computer and may be used to contact you in the future. If you would like to be informed of activities, events and special offers from Creative Planet ONLY please indicate when registering that you would like to go on our mailing list. You can also join our mailing list by simply clicking on the ‘Join our Mailing List’ button on our website.
As part of our communications activity, Creative Planet uses photography and video for publicity purposes. We would like your permission to photograph/film you/your child for possible inclusion in our publications, website and other publicity material. The image(s) will remain the property of Creative Planet and may also be included in our image library. You/your child’s contact details will remain strictly confidential. Please indicate when registering that you give photo permission.
When taking part in a face to face (F2F) with Creative Planet we require you to declare whether you, or your child have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with, or who has symptoms of COVID-19. If you have, you are unable to attend the activity until after you have self-isolated for 14 days. Thank you for your co-operation. By accepting terms and conditions you are declaring that you have not been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed or who has symptoms of COVID-19.
We will be keeping a record of anyone attending the F2F classes for 21 days for NHS Track and Trace.
Health and Safety Policy
The Health and Safety of you and your child is very important to us and these are the procedures that we have in place to support this:
• The parent/carer is aware and always accepts full responsibility for their child during classes/sessions/parties at Creative Planet.
• All equipment will be checked and cleaned regularly to ensure they are safe for your child to use. Any broken or hazardous equipment will be removed immediately. Children will only be offered equipment and resources that are suitable for their age/stage of development
• Creative Planet Leaders carry out a risk assessment of their venues every session before the children/parents arrive to ensure that it is a safe environment.
• In the event of a fire/evacuation please follow the Fire instructions found at fire exits in the venues. Please make yourself aware of these procedures as you enter the building.
• Smoking is not permitted inside any venue.
• There is a strict Safeguarding Children policy in place (see below).
• Your Creative Planet Leader will work with you to teach the children about safety issues such as using scissors (children need to be supervised at all times by the parent).
• Your Creative Planet Leader holds comprehensive Public Liability insurance. The certificate is available for inspection if requested.
• All Creative Planet Leaders are DBS (Disclosure and barring services (previously CRB)) checked. The certificate is available for inspection if requested.
• All Creative Planet Leaders are first aid trained and hold an up to date First Aid certificate which is available for inspection if requested.
• Your Creative Planet Leader has a procedure for recording accidents (form for Leader/parent to fill in) however your child is your full responsibility at all times.
Safeguarding Children Policy
Creative Planet Leaders aim to ensure the safety and welfare of all the children in their classes/sessions in line with the procedures laid out by their local Safeguarding Children’s Board.
The Safeguarding Children Board is responsible for producing Safeguarding Children Procedures based on national guidelines set out in Working Together to Safeguard Children (Dept. of Education and Skills). It monitors the effectiveness of the Procedures systematically and amends them as it becomes necessary.
All Leaders have received training on Safeguarding Children (Child Protection) and are aware of the signs and symptoms of child abuse (physical, emotional and sexual) and those of neglect.
If Leaders have reason to believe that any child is being abused in any way they will report the matter to the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) at the relevant Social Services, Child Protection Team. Under these circumstances they will not be able to keep information relating to your child confidential, but will need to share it with Ofsted, Social Services and the Police if requested.
If you have any concerns regarding this policy please discuss them with your Creative Planet Leader.